Can-A-Thon is a food drive benefitting The Salvation Army of Metro Atlanta, supported by 11Alive and Publix. In Metro Atlanta, 1 in 10 people is food insecure, meaning they don't know where their next meal will come from. You can bring hope to our neighbors in need by helping The Salvation Army of Metro Atlanta and 11Alive re-stock the Army’s 13 food pantries.
Because hunger never takes a holiday, there are more opportunities to join the fight against food insecurity if you weren't able to attend the drop-off event on December 1. Through December 31, donors can help fight hunger virtually:
- If you would like to make a financial donation, please visit our website HERE
- Find our Amazon Wishlist
We collected nonperishable food items on Fri., Dec. 1 at four convenient locations in metro Atlanta. Your donations will help ease the burden of food insecurity for thousands of our neighbors, many of whom suffer in silence.
• Publix Shamrock Plaza (Decatur): 3870 N Druid Hills Rd
• Salvation Army Lawrenceville (Gwinnett): 3455 Sugarloaf Parkway
• Salvation Army Marietta (Cobb): 202 Waterman Street, SE
• Salvation Army Kroc Center (Fulton): 967 Dewey Street
For details on how to participate and the most needed items, visit 11alive.com/canathon.